<< Back to Projects

Project: www.demazenodcollege.com

  • Category: School Websites
  • Date Of Project: 0000-00-00
  • Project Description: 1925 – Government of Sri Lanka recognized the school, St. Sebastian’s English School Started by Rev.Fr. Romould Fernando (OMI) From that year the School came to be known as St. Sebastian Boy's English School. 1931 - Renamed the school as De Mazenod College. 1933 -De La Salle brothers took over the control of the school. 1937 – First Ever Prize Giving was held under the patronage of the principal Rev. Bro. Charles Louis. Deputy Education Director Mr. W.R. Watson graced the occasion as the Chief Guest 1938 – First ever inter – house Sport meet was held. Chief Guest was Mr. S.W.R.D. Bandaranaike. College Houses were Delasalle, Marque and Romould. 1943 – Inaugurated an Old boys union with about 100 members 1947 – Starting of Sinhala Medium classes.

Launch The Website